How to protect yourself from coronavirus is something that should be considered very seriously by anyone who doesn’t have it. This virus can cause some pretty serious and deadly issues for those who get it, so it is of the utmost importance that people take measures to ensure they are protected from it. Learn more about how to protect yourself from coronavirus below.
With global infection on the rise, and more people dying, protecting yourself from the deadly COVID-19 is of the utmost importance, especially if you’re older than 65 or immunocompromised. Be aware that some people who are infected may not show any symptoms at all. They spread the virus to others without even knowing it. If you feel you have come in contact with an infected person please get yourself tested.
Supplements that boost your immunities against all viruses (Including coronavirus)
Always consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
- Plays a crucial role in iron absorption, wound healing, collagen formation, etc.
- Has antioxidant properties. It protects the immune system against oxidative stress generated during infections. Studies have shown that high levels of serum vitamin C are associated with enhanced antibody response, neutrophil function, and mitogenic response.
- The recommended dietary intake of vitamin C for adults (aged over 18 years) is 45 mg per day, and for children, 25 mg/day up to 6 months; 30 mg/day between 7 and 12 months; 35 mg/day for 1 to 8 years; and 40 mg/day for children aged 9 to 18 years.
- It’s best if vitamin C is acquired through a healthy diet, but a number of dietary supplements are available over the counter.
- Deficiency may affect the immune system as vitamin D plays an immunomodulation role , enhancing innate immunity by up-regulating the expression and secretion of antimicrobial peptides, which boosts mucosal defenses.
- Recent meta-analyses have reported a protective effect of vitamin D supplementation on respiratory tract infections.
- Acute respiratory infections are a major cause of global morbidity and mortality. Vitamin D supplementation is safe and inexpensive, so reductions in acute respiratory infections brought about by vitamin D supplementation could be highly cost-effective.
- Does seem to have an effect on the immune system, your body’s defense against germs.
- Research shows it increases the number of white blood cells, which fight infections.
- Echinacea comes in various forms: teas, pills, capsules, tinctures, etc.
- Supports the immune system by giving it a big dose of immune- boosting minerals.
- Rich in the amino acid cysteine which is effective in breaking down mucus helping to clear out the passage way so you can breathe.
- May reduce inflammation and heal the gut.
- Helps fight osteoarthritis
- Better overall sleep
- Can be easily added to your diet.
There are a lot of recipes online on how to make your very own delicious bone broth dishes.
Washing hands frequently will help you avoid getting Corona or flu virus. Make sure you wash your hands with soap and water very thoroughly. After you come home wash your hands immediately before touching things around the house to avoid spreading germs to your family members. If you don’t have access to water and soap, clean your hands with alcohol-based rub.
Related article: Powerful Immunity-Boosting Probiotics
Keep your distance from people
Try to keep distance between yourself and anyone coughing or sneeze at a minimum of 3 feet ( 1 metre) to lower chances catching Corona virus or flu.
You should limit your exposure to people to a minimum. If at all possible stay at home.
Consider shopping for groceries online to avoid unnecessary contact with possibly already infected with Corona virus or flu virus people.
These days you can easily sit home and get everything delivered to your door without you leaving the house.